Friday, December 16, 2016

Happy Winter Break!!

Hello Students!  Well, it happened, Snowpocalypse the Sequel!  I hope that all of you got home safely and are staying warm and safe during this freeze.  I just put in a turnitin.com assignment for IA procedure and materials.  I would love it if you could upload this in the next week (before Dec 24th) so that I can give you feedback and plan for the data taking we will be doing in January.  This is what I am thinking for January:

Tues, Jan 3:  Get situated for IA's.  In particular, get seeds planted and on the cart.  I will provide soil, various types of seeds like peas, beans, corn, and little pots that will fit well on the cart.  If you have specific seeds or soil or anything that you want, you can either try to request it with me now or bring it in yourself.  Remember also that it is mainly your job to figure out how to do your procedure.  I can help you by telling you what materials we have and give basic procedural advice, but you should also do your own research.  There are many helpful videos out there showing possible procedures.

Thurs, Jan 5:  Digestion Quiz and more IA set up.

After that, we will be doing IA's, writing up the lab, and preparing for the Semester Exam.  I will prepare a review sheet for the Semester Exam later during the break.

Please feel free to communicate with me over the break if you have anything you are concerned about, questions about the IA, or make up work.  And don't forget that Winter Break can be a great time to read extra credit biology books!

See you in 2017!!
Ms. Kenny


1 comment:

  1. Are we going to have the heart quiz before the exam, or will it just be included on the Final?

    ReplyDelete